Tuesday, October 13, 2009

guilty pleasures

In trying to stay healthy, I've been contemplating the best alternative at your local fast food. Since I'm not a huge fan of salads from a fast food joint (the recent news reports have pretty much nixed any chance of me buying them), I've decided to go back to a lesson my grandmother taught me several years ago - buy a kid's meal! (thanks for the reminder, Janie)

I have two guilty pleasures when it comes to fast food, Chick-Fil-A and Arby's. It's the fries. I LOVE waffle and curly fries. And I'm not ready to give them up yet. Plus since a kid's meal is technically the 'perfect size' calorie wise, why not go for it!! Since beginning my experiment, I have to admit that at first I was saddened when my meal was gone and thought, "I'm still hungry!". However, I held fast to my plan and waited. And my grandmother was right, it's the perfect amount of food! I was completely content after I convinced my brain that my stomach was in deed full. It didn't need the extra 200 to 300 hundred calories that I would have gotten in the value meal.

So check it out for yourself. How many calories is your favorite meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment